After prayerful — and careful — consideration, the St. John’s church council has decided to resume in-person worship, starting on Sunday, June 6.
We are mindful of the updated guidelines the CDC has released as of May 13, but knowing that many of our members have either not had the chance to be vaccinated yet or have chosen not to be, we will continue to require masks and distancing for the time being, and will also refrain from assembly singing and coffee fellowship. We will also continue to livestream worship on Facebook Live for all those who prefer to worship with us digitally (or who are joining us from afar!) — please see details below.
We fervently hope to be able to lift these restrictions soon and anticipate that this will continue to be an ongoing conversation in our coming meetings. Your cooperation in keeping our gatherings safe, loving, and joyful is appreciated. And we look forward to seeing your faces again (or, at least, the top part of your faces!)
Pastor Day will continue to daily update our data tracker as we continue to discern our steps forward together.
To watch a live-stream: click on this link to visit our Facebook page at the time of broadcast (9:30am on Sundays) and scroll down until you see the live video and click on it. You will not need a Facebook account to view these live-streams! However, we do encourage you to join our Facebook group and like our page and follow our updates from there if you are already on Facebook.
(You may see a window pop up asking if you want to create a Facebook account — at the bottom of the window, just click “Not now”) Videos will also remain available on the page after the live broadcast has ended — find a list of links to previous videos below.
Digital bulletin: Click here to see our digital bulletin so that you may follow along with worship more easily.
You can also find announcements and the prayer list here.
Christian Education Online
Our Training Disciples program has moved online! Find links to previous bible study videos and information about upcoming series on our Christian Education page.
- Click here to find resources for prayer practices and meditation that can help manage stress and anxiety during this time.
- Here is a helpful page of links and resources: You can find links to updates on pandemic-related news, mental health resources, resources from the ELCA and the Nebraska Synod, and some suggested ways that you can help during this time.
Support Our Ministry
Click on the button below to securely support the ministry of St. John’s Lutheran through our Tithe.ly page. Your generosity is appreciated!!
Previous live worship videos
- April 25 Fourth Sunday of Easter
- April 18 Third Sunday of Easter
- April 11 Second Sunday of Easter (watch sermon vid here)
- April 4 Easter Sunday
- April 2 Good Friday (bulletin here)
- April 1 Maundy Thursday (bulletin here)
- March 28 Palm Sunday (bulletin here)
- March 21 Fifth Sunday in Lent
- March 14 Fourth Sunday in Lent
- March 7 Third Sunday in Lent
- February 28 Second Sunday in Lent
- February 21 First Sunday in Lent
- February 17 Ash Wednesday (bulletin here)
- February 14 Transfiguration Sunday
- February 7 Burning of the Palms (additional video in comment on original post)
- February 7 Fifth Sunday after Epiphany
- January 31 Fourth Sunday after Epiphany
- January 24 Third Sunday after Epiphany
- January 17 Second Sunday after Epiphany
- January 10 Baptism of our Lord
- January 3 Service of Lessons and Carols (Epiphany / Second Sunday after Christmas) (bulletin here)
- December 24 Christmas Eve (bulletin here)
- December 21 Longest Night / Blue Christmas service (bulletin here)
- December 20 Fourth Sunday of Advent
- December 13 Third Sunday of Advent
- December 6 Second Sunday of Advent
- November 29 First Sunday of Advent
- November 25 Thanksgiving Eve
- November 22 Reign of Christ Sunday
- November 15 Twenty-Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
- November 1 All Saints Day
- October 25 Reformation Sunday
- October 18 Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost
- October 13 Funeral of Bob Svoboda, funeral bulletin
- October 11 Nineteenth Sunday after Pentecost
- October 4 Eighteenth Sunday after Pentecost
- September 27 Seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost
- September 20 Sixteenth Sunday after Pentecost
- September 13 Fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost
- September 6 Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost
- August 30 Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost
- August 23 Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost
- August 16 Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost
- August 9 Tenth Sunday after Pentecost
- August 2 Ninth Sunday after Pentecost
- July 19 Seventh Sunday after Pentecost
- July 12 Sixth Sunday after Pentecost
- July 5 Fifth Sunday after Pentecost
- June 28 Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
- June 21 Third Sunday after Pentecost
- June 14 Second Sunday after Pentecost
- June 7 Trinity Sunday
- May 31 Pentecost Sunday joint celebration
- May 24 Ascension Sunday
- May 17 Sixth Sunday of Easter
- May 10 Fifth Sunday of Easter
- May 3 Fourth Sunday of Easter/Good Shepherd Sunday
- April 19 Second Sunday of Easter
- April 12 Easter Sunday: Part 1, Part 2
- April 11 Vigil of Easter
- April 10 Good Friday
- April 9 Maundy Thursday
- April 5 Palm Sunday